Friday, August 23, 2019

HomeHomeStar Wars Autog...Star Wars Autog...Star Wars Autog...Star Wars Autog...New member, ?s about sending figs TTMNew member, ?s about sending figs TTM
Previous

Next
New Post
2/26/2013 7:44 AM

Hello everyone.

New member here and just getting into this hobby.  Been a star wars geek my entire life.  Looking at my collection of figs through the years and thought it might be kinda nice to get some autographs on them.  Would be a neat bucket-list thing to have.

Have questions regarding sending figs ttm to get autographed.  First, I understand that I may never get my stuff back.  Prepared for that.  Knew a guy that collected mini NFL helmets ttm and learned a lot from him.  He would affix the return postage to the inner flaps of the box addressed to himself so the signer could simply flip the top flaps around, run a strip of tape across it and drop it in the mail.  Of course, I have no problem throwing some cash in there to make up for the actor's trouble.  

Question is....How successful is this approach in the Star Wars field.  Has anyone successfully gotten action figures back in the mail and with whom?  Just curious to know what my odds are of getting some of these things signed.  If I will have a 99% failure rate on getting a signed fig back it may not be worth it.

I own a locksmith business and any travel I do has to be related to my business, so Comic Cons and Celebration events unfortunately won't be an option for me.

Thanks for your time folks,

Vince

New Post
2/27/2013 8:35 AM

Yes, there are a lot of SW actors & actresses who will sign TTM. Most will sign figures as well. I've gotten many figures signed this way, and lost a few as well. The general rule is: don't send anything you cannot afford to lose or would be crushed if you did.

Packaging: yup, that works. Another method (what I normally do) is to get the postage on the box for the return trip (not sure what it is anymore, since the rates have changed again) using stamps; I buy a few at once so I can send out a bunch. I then address the box to me. Finally, wrap the box in plain brown shipping paper and put on a label for the person you are sending it to. This way when they remove the paper, the box inside is already set for you - sign & seal and drop it in the mail. I always enclose a Sharpie of the desired color (but be prepared for them to not come back) and a short letter.

As far as addresses go: Wattos used to have an absolutely amazing DB, but Gary & co. have not gotten it up and running since the site switch. Pay sites like StarTiger are likely the best way to go, unless you know someone who has a large collection of addresses that work.

Hope that helps!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeStar Wars Autog...Star Wars Autog...Star Wars Autog...Star Wars Autog...New member, ?s about sending figs TTMNew member, ?s about sending figs TTM

Endor Express Logo yodasnews.com

Home   |   Forums   |   Store   |   Celebrity Addresses   |   Recollections   |   Resources   |   Contact Us
Original Wattographs content Copyright ©1996-2015 Orwell Interactive Media. All Rights Reserved.